[mew-release 00081] Mew 4.1
Kazu Yamamoto ( 山本和彦 )
kazu at example.com
Mon Oct 18 12:38:31 JST 2004
We are pleased to inform you that Mew 4.1 has been released.
Differences between Mew 4.1 and Mew 3.2 are as follows:
* Summary mode format
- Parts of message bodies are displayed.
- Message number disappeared.
- "=" displays its message number.
- Refile information overrides its body part in Summary mode.
- 'mew-scan-form*' is now 'mew-summary-form*'.
- "j" now jumps to a message with line number instead of its
- You can still pack messages by "O" in a local folder.
* A new mark scheme
- Marks are preserved even if Emacs is terminated.
- The unread mark 'U' is introduced.
- The multi mark '@' is obsoleted.
- To handle multiple messages, use the target mark '*'.
- To preserve the target mark '*', use the escape mark '$'.
- You can create Virtual mode for unread messages by
"C-um/" + 'U'.
* Summary mode
- Refile information is logged. See "Mail/Refilelog".
- You can pick or grep for a region as well as the entire
folder. ("?" and "'")
- You can rename and remove folders. ("Rd" and "Rr")
* Message mode
- If To:/Cc: contains many addresses, they are covered with a
invisible veil except the first four lines. To toggle the
veil, type "zv".
* Virtual mode
- You can pick or grep if the Virtual mode is created of
a one physical folder.
- You can make a thread if the Virtual mode is created of
a one physical folder.
* Draft mode
- You can complete addresses even if they have the same user
name. See 'mew-use-full-alias'.
- Fixing a bug of 'mew-make-message-hook' so that ispell-message
- A new name space. You can omit the unnecessary prefix,
- Fcc: %backup
- Invalid cache messages are marked with "#".
- Invalid cache messages can be created even online (by "x").
- IMAP messages are cached with the same UID number.
- Transition mechanism from POP to IMAP is provided.
M-x mew-summary-from-local-to-imap copies messages on a
local file system to an IMAP server.
- NetNews articles are now gained access by article numbers
instead of Message-Id:. Articles are cached with the same
* Spam filter
- Mew side filtering when scanning/retrieving.
- Mew side filtering by a command. ('"')
- IMAP server side filtering. See 'mew-imap-spam-field'.
- Learning as spam or ham. ("ls" and "lh")
- POP/IMAP/SMTP/NNTP preserves its status even if its
connection is lost by accident.
- "mewls" is now called "mewl" so that both "mewls" or Mew 2/3
and "mewl" for Mew 4 co-exist.
// Mew developing team
More information about the Mew-release