[Mew-dist 14005] Re: [mew-int 00013] Re: Mew 1.95b56

Kazu Yamamoto ( 山本和彦 ) kazu at example.com
2000年 8月 31日 (木) 22:16:03 JST

From: gcwen at example.com
Subject: [mew-int 00013] Re: Mew 1.95b56

> SMTP is ok to send a email, but POP could not get any  email
> from my POP server. When I type "i" to get email from
> POP sever the error message "connection failed" come up.

You have to at least set the followings:

(setq mew-pop-server "your_POP_server")
(setq mew-pop-auth 'pass) ;; 'apop is the default.

(setq

> I guess something wrong in my configuration related to POP.
> Is the Config file in ~/.im/ still necessary for POP?

No.

> In the README it said IF YOU WANT TO USE THE 'CONFIG' FEATURES,
> PLEASE CONFIGIGURE 'mew-config-alist'. But I have no idea howto
> configure it. Otherwise, if I do not want use Config file, is there any
> other way to configure POP? How to pass the information of my POP
> server to Mew without the Config?

The document of mew-config-alist says:

---
Documentation:
*Alist of Config. This is a list of
  - <case> is a string of Config case.
  - <key> is a string of Mew value with the "mew-" prefix removed.
  - <value> is a string.

Currently, the following keys are supported:
"user", "name","mail-domain", "msgid-domain", "msgid-user",
"cc", "fcc", "dcc", "reply-to",
"organization", "header-alist",
"smtp-server", "smtp-port", "smtp-ssh-server",
"smtp-helo-domain", "smtp-user", "smtp-auth",
"pop-server", "pop-port", "pop-ssh-server",
"pop-user", "pop-auth",
"pop-size", "pop-delete", "inbox-folder",
"nntp-server", .

mail-address = user at example.com
from = name <mail-address>
message-id = *random*.user at example.com

An example is as follows:

(setq mew-config-alist
      '(("mew"
	 ("mail-domain"  . "mew.org")
	 ("msgid-domain" . "mew.org")
	 ("inbox-folder" . "+inbox-mew"))
	("keio"
	 ("cc"           . "kazu at example.com")
	 ("user"         . "pooh")
	 ("mail-domain"  . "sfc.keio.ac.jp")
	 ("msgid-domain" . "sfc.keio.ac.jp"))
	("default"
	 ("name"         . "Kazu Yamamoto")
	 ("mail-domain"  . "iijlab.net")
	 ("msgid-domain" . "iijlab.net"))))
---

Type "C" to change case for input (POP) in Summary mode.
Type "C-uC" to change case for output (SMTP) in Summary mode.

> I have moved everything under ~/.im to ~/Mail, but POP does not
> work yet.

This is not necessary exept for Addrbook.

--Kazu